Simon Wegerif is the founder of ithlete, a company that creates sensors and apps related to heart rate variability (HRV). He discusses how triathletes and endurance athletes can use HRV to measure and manage total load – the sum of various different kinds of stress on the body, including mental and physical.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What is total load, and how is it relevant for triathlon training?
- What is the relation between HRV and total load?
- How do we know how much we can or should train, given all the stressors in our lives outside of training?
- Does stress really equal stress, no matter the source of that stress?
- How can age-group triathletes practically use HRV to measure and manage total load?