What dietary supplements should triathletes and endurance athletes consider using based on current evidence? We go through a recent review paper that has analysed all the current evidence to come up with clear guidelines for which supplements are potentially beneficial and which will just result in expensive pee.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Supplements used to prevent or treat nutrient deficiencies
- Supplements (sports foods) used to provide a practical form of energy and nutrients
- Supplements that directly improve sports performance
- Supplements that improve performance indirectly
- Adverse effects and antidoping rule violations from lack of quality assurance in supplement manufacturing