Cyril Schmit, PhD, discusses non-functional overreaching for triathletes and endurance athletes. What is it, how can we identify it and prevent it and what are the biggest risk factors for it.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What is non-functional overreaching, and how is it different from overtraining syndrome.
- How can it be identified using subjective and objective markers?
- How can it be prevented?
- What are the roles of training volume and intensity in causing non-functional overreaching?
- How important is the role of factors outside of training (life stress) in causing non-functional overreaching?
- The relation between heart rate and non-functional overreaching.