Barb Lindquist is a US Olympian and the World #1 ranked triathlete from 2003-2004. After retiring from professional racing, she turned to coaching, and also started working for USA Triathlon on the Collegiate Recruitment Program. We discuss training and overall performance in triathlon from both an elite and age-group perspective.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Setting up the world-renowned collegiate recruitment program and the reasons for its success
- High performance triathlon now and then – what has changed in the last 15-20 years in training and racing?
- Long-term athletic development for elite athletes and for age-group athletes
- Things that age-groupers tend to underestimate, and on the flipside, over-value
- Fitting triathlon into life, and not life around triathlon for age-group triathletes