Dan Atkins is the Head Coach of the Triathlon Australia Performance Centre on the Gold Coast. He discusses the demands of elite draft-legal triathlon in 2020 and how to prepare for these demands. All along, he shares training advice highly applicable to any endurance athlete, elite or amateur, triathlete or single-sport.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The demands of elite draft-legal triathlon in 2020.
- Training elite and developmental athletes for world class draft-legal performances
- A typical training week of the squad of elite athletes at the Gold Coast performance center
- How the training develops over the course of a season
- The importance and challenges of a daily training environment with group training
- Coaching and training lessons learnt from integrating para-triathletes with able-bodied athletes
- Dan’s number one piece of advice for any endurance athlete