Scientific Triathlon Coaching Policies & Liability Waiver
These policies apply to all coaching services offered by Scientific Triathlon. If you have any questions, just ask! We're here to help.
COACHING PAYMENT POLICY
- You will receive your first invoice on the day that you officially start working with your coach. From then on, a new invoice will be sent every month on the same date as the first invoice, until your effective cancellation date (see below). The due date for your payment is seven days from the invoice date, regardless of payment method.
- If payment is not received within seven days of your due date, a €20 late fee will be added to the outstanding balance and your account will fall into a delinquent status. If your account remains delinquent more than 30 days, coaching services will be suspended and your account will be placed on hold (your coach will cease all work) until coaching payment has been made in full.
COACHING CANCELLATION POLICY
We don't require our athletes to commit to a contracted length of time, and cancellations can be made at any time after the first 31 days of active coaching. Please note that all cancellations are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- We encourage you to communicate with your coach before notifying us of your intent to cancel your account, simply out of courtesy. Your coach has invested a lot into his/her relationship with you.
- If you do need cancel your coaching services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days in advance. We will confirm your cancellation by email as soon as we can, and no later than two business days from the date we receive your cancellation notice. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we may have missed you; please contact us again to ensure we received your notice was received and/or to resend it if necessary.
Effective Cancellation Date:
- You may cancel your coaching at any time. Your cancellation will become effective 14 days after the date of your notice (effective cancellation date).
- Please note that you are responsible to pay all fees and charges accrued up to and including the effective cancellation date of your account. Any balance remaining outstanding at the time of your cancellation is your responsibility to pay, and by signing up for coaching with us you agree to pay your account in full.
- In the unlikely event legal action is required to collect monies owed for goods or services provided by Scientific Triathlon, you will be responsible for and shall promptly pay all attorney fees and costs incurred by Scientific Triathlon pertaining to the legal action.
Cancellation by coach or Scientific Triathlon:
- Scientific Triathlon and your coach reserve the right to cancel your coaching services. The cancellation will become effective 14 days after the date of our notice (effective cancellation date).
- Should the athlete and Scientific Triathlon both agree to do so, the cancellation can be effective immediately rather than 14 days after notice.
- If the athlete have broken any Scientific Triathlon policies or acted in bad faith, cancellation will be effective immediately.
COACHING FEE INCREASES
- Scientific Triathlon reserve the right to raise prices on its coaching services, effective immediately.
- You will be informed of any such increases immediately.
- You can opt to cancel your coaching services due to a coaching fee increase, in which case your effective cancellation date will be one day before your next invoice would have been sent.
PHOTO USE & CONSENT
I hereby grant Scientific Triathlon permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration. I understand and agree that all photos will become the property of Scientific Triathlon and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize Scientific Triathlon to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo. I hereby hold harmless, release, and forever discharge Scientific Triathlon from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE PHOTO RELEASE.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Scientific Triathlon coaching program, its related events and activities, I, the undersigned/acceptor, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation;
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of Scientific Triathlon immediately;
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Scientific Triathlon, its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, contractual labor other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity ("Releases"), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence or participation, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I agree that this Release of Liability shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Portugal. All disputes and matters whatsoever concerning or otherwise arising under, in connection with or incident to this Agreement shall be litigated, if at all, in and before a Court located in Portugal, to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND AGREE TO IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.