3 foundational elements that will make you swim faster with Gerry Rodrigues | EP#3
How would you like to shave significant time off your swimming pace - immediately?
Gerry Rodrigues, one of the foremost triathlon swim coaches on the planet, who's coached countless age-groupers, top-level professionals (like Holly Lawrence and Jesse Thomas), and celebrities from outside the triathlon arena (like Jenson Button and Gordon Ramsay) to massive swim improvements, helps you do that by simplifying swimming and boiling it down to three foundational elements.
In this Episode you'll learn about:
- How to swim faster by mastering tautness, alignment, and propulsion.
- How to periodize your swim training within your triathlon season.
- The perfect swim workout architecture.
- How body tautness affects swimming speed.
- How to maintain body tautness in the water.
- How to create the awareness that improves tautness.
- Tools, drills, and exercises you can use to improve tautness.
- How to develop the perfect alignment for faster triathlon swimming.
- How to maintain alignment while swimming.
- Tools, drills, and exercises you can use to improve alignment.
- Simplifying propulsion - forget about S-pulls and complicated patterns.
- What are the common mistakes that affect propulsion?
- How to execute the propulsion phase with better technique for faster swimming.
- Tools, drills, and exercises you can use to improve propulsion.
Periodizing your triathlon swim training
- How to periodize your triathlon swim training.
- What goes into each phase of your triathlon swim training plan?
- How to the specific swim workouts differ in the different phases.
Architecture of a good swim workout
- What's the basic architecture of a good swim workout?
Rapid-fire question segment
- Favorite book, blog, or resource related to swimming or triathlon?
- Personal habit that's helped you achieve success?
- What do you wish you would have done differently at some point earlier in your career?
Links and resources
Subscribe to That Triathlon Show and never miss an episode!
MORE ON THAT TRIATHLON SHOW