Pete Magill is a running coach, author, and the fastest-ever American distance runner over age 50 in the 5K and 10K as well as a multiple American and world age group record-holder. In this interview we discuss the most important principles of improving your running speed, endurance and performance, applicable for everybody from 5k-specialists to Ironman-triathletes.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Muscle fiber recruitment – how to train all your muscle fibers and make them work for you
- Balancing hard and easy running
- The all-important long run
- Hill running – one of the most versatile tools in your running toolbox
- Essential strength and conditioning for runners