Heat, humidity, wind, and slush drinks: cool down your body to go harder for longer with Andrew Buckrell | EP#160
Andrew Buckrell, co-founder of STAC, discusses heat. Our bodies do a great amount of work to get rid of excess heat generated when training, and strategies for maximising the body’s ability to get rid of heat, and minimising heat build-up in the first place, are critical for optimal endurance performance.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How much heat does our bodies generate in triathlon and how does that impact performance.
- The effect of ambient temperature
- The effect of speed and air flow
- The effect of sweating and humidity
- Strategies for minimising or reducing heat buildup in racing
- Strategies for minimising or reducing heat buildup in training
- What’s the deal with slush drinks?