An in-depth discussion and Q&A session on the ins and outs and dos and don’ts of polarised training for triathletes and endurance athletes in general. This episode is a follow-up to the extremely popular interview with the godfather of polarised training, Dr. Stephen Seiler in EP#177.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Personal case examples from Mikael Eriksson’s and Stephen Seiler’s training and resulting performance improvements
- Common objections to polarised training
- How can polarised training apply to age-group triathletes?
- Polarised training for beginner athletes, masters athletes, and for longevity and health (rather than performance)
- Periodisation with polarised training
- How to execute low-intensity workouts correctly
- How to execute high-intensity workouts correctly