Andy Blow, founder of Precision Hydration is back on the show to revisit the topic of hydration and nutrition strategies for triathlon and endurance events and races. This episode is packed with practical and actionable advice that will put you in a great spot to get your race day nutrition and hydration right.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- An overview on sweat rate and sweat sodium concentrations, and the vast differences in losses and replacement needs between individuals
- Why Andy recommends separating your energy from your hydration
- Training the gut to better tolerate nutrition and hydration during racing
- Hydrogels like Maurten and Beta Fuel
- Wearables that measure hydration and sweat status in real-time and non-invasively