Professor John Hawley is one of the leading researchers in the world on sports nutrition, the interaction between exercise and diet on fat and carbohydrate regulation, and the cellular and molecular basis of endurance sports adaptations. He gives us a complete update on what we actually know as of today about endurance sports nutrition, and where evidence is still lacking.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Nailing the basics of endurance sports nutrition – what’s most important to consider and get right?
- Getting clear on commonly misunderstood terminology in the field of nutrition
- Beyond the basics: the impact on endurance performance of manipulating carbohydrate availability, nutrition periodisation, and day to day diet
- Fat, carbs, and their impact on inflammation and recovery, insulin response, and body composition
- How do elite endurance athletes actually eat?
- Common myths about and mistakes amateur athletes make with nutrition